Wednesday 13 February 2019

Valentine’s Day

I recently joined the Sylvanian Families Collectors Forum,and this month I decided to have a go at the 3rd challenge: Secret Admirer/Valentine's Day. So here we have a little (or not so little!) story about Valentine's Day in Bluebell Oaks.

Mrs Brightfield woke up early on Valentine's Day, so she could get her children ready for school.
 Her husband, Billy, was the village postman, and he had gotten up even earlier to deliver the villagers their mail. Valentine's was one of his busiest times of the year, with the masses of cards, letters and parcels that sylvanians were sending to their loved ones.


He had left her a note on the kitchen table. It read: Happy Valentine's Day, Bella! I'm afraid I've got a VERY busy day at work, sorry, sugar! See you this evening! Billy xx
Mrs Brightfield sighed. She completely understood Billy's heavy workload, but she still wished that they could spend some time together today.


Daisey and baby Jenny came downstairs, still in their pajamas. Jenny rushed forward to be cuddled and kiss her Mummy good-morning.


They ate breakfast hurriedly.


Then Mrs Brightfield attempted to dress Jenny.


They headed out the door in the usual rush, and went on their way to the Country Tree School first.


"Bye Mum, I love you." Daisey kissed her goodbye.
"Goodbye sweetie, have a great day!" Daisey bounded off to join her friends.


Next stop was the Forest Nursery. Mrs Hamilton, the nursery shool teacher welcomed Jenny in. The two ladies chatted as Jenny went to play on the see-saw. "Happy Valentine's, Bella.'' Mrs Hamilton said. ''Have you and Billy got any plans?"


Mrs Brightfield shook her head, and explained about his work. "Never mind," Mrs Hamilton sympathised.


Leaving Jenny happily playing at the nursery, Mrs Brightfield continued on her way into the village. She had a few things to pick up at the Village Store.


"Good Morning, Mrs Brighfield!" Cedric Walnut, the owner of the store, greeted her,"What can I do for you on this fine Valentine's morning?"
"Morning Cedric! I just need a few bits and pieces."


She wanted to make a special dinner toninght of Billy's favourite pasta, so she picked up the supplies and also bought a bottle of fancy wine.



 At the check-out, she decided to buy a box of chocolates too.
"Good choices!" Cedric agreed with the Valentine themed goods.


Mrs Brightfield was just leaving the store when she heard Cedric calling her name.


"I'm sorry Mrs Brighfield! I nearly forget these!" He was holding a heart shaped box of chocolates.
"Yesterday, someone bought these chocolates but instructed me to give them to you. They told me not to say who they were." Mrs Brightfield looked at him in suprise. "But Cedric, I must know who they are from so I can thank the person!"
He winked at her. "Aaah, don't worry. I'm sure you'll see the person soon enough!"



Mrs Brightfield was still puzzling over the mysterious chocolates when she walked through the village past the flower stall. There was a massive line and crowd around the stall, so she decided the best thing to do was avoid the crowds altogether.


So she was suprised when she heard Sorrel Cottontail calling out to her. "Bella! Bella wait! I have something for you!"


Sorrel reached down and picked up a bunch of red roses. Mrs Brightfield was confused, so Sorrrel explained.


"I arrived at the stall this morning and found a note. All it said was: 'Hi Sorrel, please give a bunch of red roses to Bella Brightfield. She will probably be passing by later this morning. Thanks.' And attached to it was the payment. So here are your roses. I don't know who they're from but you must take them."


"Well thank you Sorrel! I'm glad you're so honest!" Mrs Brightfield took them and continued home. They were beautiful flowers with a wonderful scent. And the chocolates too. They were tiny little hearts, the prettiest chocolates Mrs Brightfield had ever seen. Still, she couldn't help wondering about the mysterious person all the way home through the woods...


That afternoon, Mrs Brightfield headed out to pick up her children. She went to the Nursery first. Jenny presented her with a Valentines picture she had drawn.



At the Country Tree School, the children had been busy all day making cards.
"It's for you, Mum." Daisey handed her a card.
"Why thank you darling!"



Back at home, she made Daisey and Jenny some afternoon tea. She opened the heart-shaped box and they each had one chocolate. It was the creamiest, yummiest chocolate Mrs Brightfield or either of her daughters had ever eaten!


Mrs Brightfield began preparing dinner, all the time watching the clock. She hoped Billy would make it home before dinner.


Daisey and Jenny had gone outside to play and she was just chopping the veggies when the door swung open and there was Billy standing there smiling at her.


"Hello Bella! Have you had a nice day?"


 So she told him about het trip to the village and the lovely chocolates and roses that had been given to her by some mysterious person. "I just don't know who it could be... They're so kind!" She looked over and saw Billy smiling. "What, Billy? What's funny?"
"Nothing, sugar, nothing!"


They ate dinner and headed out to the back garden that bordered the woods. Bella and Billy sat on the bench together and watched Daisey and Jenny playing with the fountain.


Suddenly, Bella felt Billy slip an envelope into her hand.


She opened it, and inside was a pretty card. It read: For Bella, my precious wife and Valentine. I hope you liked your chocolates and roses. I love you to the moon and back. xxx



"But Billy!" she gasped, "So it was you! Thank you so much!"


"Daddy told us," Daisey said,"But we weren't allowed to say anything!"
"I thought you deserved something special  for Valentine's day." Billy said.


Bella smiled. "But I already have something more special than any chocolates and flowers! I have you guys!" She hugged Billy, Daisey and Jenny close.


"Nothing can be more precious than having each other." She whispered to Billy...



For this challenge, I made the gifts that Billy sent to Bella. After some thought, I made the chocolate box out of just cardeboard, some cling wrap, and a tiny rubber band. I made the chocolates out of modelling dough.




The roses, too, were made of modelling dough and green paper clips.



I also made some of the flowers in the Cottontail's Flower Stall.



And I made the drawing and cards that Jenny, Daisey and Billy gave her.


Happy Valentines Day! I hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie!

    Such a lovely story with incredibly cute pictures! I really enjoyed reading it. Loved the picture where they're having breakfast. :) The Brightfields are adorable. Billy is such a thoughtful husband, leaving little gifts for Bella all around town!

    Your crafts are so well done, the sweets look so tasty! And the little cards are perfect!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayrell! I'm so glad you thought the pictures were cute. When the Brightfield family was first released a few years ago, I just knew I had to have them! I especially think Jenny is extra adorable!
      I was actually a little suprised at how the crafts came out. Some of my crafts don't always turn out the way they do in my head, but I was pleased with these ones!
      It's a pleasure to share my pictures and stories with you! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelsie,
    I really enjoyed Reading your story! Your pictures are lovely too! So many cute scenes at the Brightfields´home and around Bluebell Oaks!
    Bella is such a nice and caring mum and understanding wife that she deserved a special surprise on Valentine´s Day. It was really kind of Billy to leave presents for Bella at the supermarket and at the flower shop.Both gifts, the box of chocolates and the bunch of roses, look amazing. You did a great job !
    Jenny´s picture and Daisey´s card are very cute! That was so sweet of them!
    I love the ending of your story. So heartwarming!
    Thanks for sharing such a sweet and adorable story on this special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Cutata!
      When choosing a family for this story, I considered many in the village, but I decided on the Brightfields. I have always thought of Bella and Billy a very loving couple, so they were perfect. Billy knew that he would be unable to spend the day with his wife so he planned ahead to set up the secret gifts.
      Jenny and Daisey are affectionate children and their parents already have a large collection of cards and pictures their daughters have drawn for them.
      I hope you had a great day too!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelsie, well that was such a lovely Valentine's day story and I love the Brightfield family, they are a such a loving family and it must have been hard for Jenny and Daisey to keep a secret from their loved Mummy. How thoughtful of Billy to go to so much trouble to surprise Bella on Valentine's day. Every scene was so well placed and so absorbing and I loved the visit to the shop, which I might add is very well stocked to cater for the villagers. And thoughtful too of Bella to cook her husband's favourite pasta dinner. They are so well suited and obviously soulmates. Once again another beautiful story of life in a village we would all like to be part of. So proud of you and your talent Kelsie. The flowers and the chocolates are beautiful and yummy, a well achieved challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pamela!
      Yes, Daisey and Jenny did find it hard to keep the secret. In fact, at a few points, little Jenny nearly spilt the beans!
      Thank you for complimenting my scenes! Cedric Walnut prides himself in stocking every possible thing the villagers might need in the Store. If you need some sort of strange food, every day baking supplies or fresh fruit-the Village Store is sure to have it! Then again, the village wouldn't be without the Store if someone special hadn't given it to me! ;)
      Bella is a good cook too, so Billy always looks forward to her meals, his favourite being that pasta.
      Glad you liked the crafts I made! Thank you again!

      Delete
    2. Awe, I wonder who that someone special was?! I am enjoying your stories so much Kelsie. xxx

      Delete