Saturday 8 August 2020

A 'Spring' Update!

 Hello everyone! I hope you are all safe and well!

I am aware that for some it is still summer where you live, but it's beginning to feel very much like Spring here, and the feeling is most welcome! We do officially have one more month of winter to endure in Bluebell Oaks, but as Bob Blackberry says, 'The trees and flowers don't bother about the labels of months and specified times; they'll bloom when they know the time is right!' 

Which is why I wanted to share a few photos of the Cottontail family making the most of the clear blue skies and warm afternoon, even if it is a little early to declare Spring. I felt I was well overdue an update from Bluebell Oaks!  

Clip Art Flower Divider Clip Black - Flower Divider Png ...

It has been such a long time since Primrose wore her straw hat! But with the sun was so warm this afternoon, her mother, Sorrel, insisted she wear it. 
The most exciting thing happening outside in the garden is all the growth and blooms of flowers. The bluebells have awoken from the depths of the ground!
There is a wonderful aroma filling Primrose and Parsley's noses; so sweet, the sort of fragrance you want to sniff all day. It's coming from these beautiful Daphne flowers.

And these pansies have bravely poked up their lovely faces too!

Basil and Sorrel are enjoying some quiet time down the meadow. 

"Here you are love, a wildflower for my own flower."

"A daisy! My favourite! Thank you!" 

When Basil first fell in love with Sorrel back when they were scarcely little more than teenagers, he was so poor he could never afford to buy her the bouquets of fancy flowers and roses that others bought for their sweethearts, so he resorted in despair to giving her bunches of daisies that he picked near the roadsides. Thankfully, Sorrel always said that she loved his wildflowers more than any store-bought roses. All the same, Basil vowed to himself that, someday, if he were lucky enough to marry Sorrel, he would somehow give her the most beautiful and exotic flowers one could imagine. And here they are, fifteen years on, as the proud owners of the Village Florist and flower farm. 

But wildflowers still have a special place in Sorrel's heart, even amongst all her roses, tulips, orchids and petunias that she tends everyday. 

It's just as well his parents are distracted, because Chive is enjoying some much anticipated exploring. Some of which, may be a little dangerous.


"The king of the castle!"
Be careful up there Chive!

Poor Parsley is still stuck at the bottom!
They've also discovered a very interesting hole! 
"This could be our secret hideaway, Parsley!" Chive said. "No one would find us when we come here to play!"
Parsley is not so sure. He learnt about insects this week at nursery, and he thinks those white threads in the dark hole look suspiciously like spider web! I fear he may be right!


I hope you all have a wonderful week! I appreciate every one of you that reads my blog and I love hearing from you in the comments! : )

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie!
    Lovely to read your new post. Your pictures of the Cottontails clearly enjoying nature and the great outdoors with the change in weather are wonderful. You've made good use of the natural sunlight and it's cute to see the curiosity of the children and the romantic exchange between their parents.

    Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Jackson!
      I'm very pleased that you liked my photos, and the light, too. I was a bit worried that the sun would start to go down before I was finished, as I took these later in the afternoon, but thankfully I had plenty of time.
      Haha, yes, the children were very keen to come outside with me and start exploring amongst all the new growth!
      Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelsie,
    What a wonderful post!
    I´m fond of pictures of Sylvanians outdoors so this kind of posts are my favourites. You have some older stories set up in real nature that stuck in my mind and from now this one will be added to the list.

    It´s lovely to see the Cottontails enjoying the first sunrays of early spring. You say it is still winter but the sunlight and the beautiful flowers give the impression it is a warm spring day in Bluebell Oaks.

    I love the picture of Primrose and Chive looking at the beautiful pansies. Primrose looks really cute wearing her straw hat and carrying her basket.

    I founded it very sweet to read about Basil giving wildflowers to Sorrel when they were teenagers.That´s such an adorable story! Isn´t it great they are now the owners of the villager flower shop and farm?

    Thanks for sharing this lovely entry!

    Have a wonderful day!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cutata!
      I too love seeing Sylvanians in the great outdoors. I enjoy taking pictures of them in nature the most, because I feel it captures their woodlandy origin.
      I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story about Basil and Sorrel! Basil used to despair terribly about his lack of romantic flowers, but he knows now that it allowed him to see that Sorrel loves him for who he is and not what he does or does not give her.
      Have a great week! I hope you are safe and well!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelsie!

    Thank you for sharing this wonderful post full of lovely pictures that made me long for early spring days. It's been so hot and humid here lately!

    I adored the sweet story about Basil and Sorrel's youth. Aww! So cute that wildflowers still hold a special place in Sorrel's heart!

    The children were being quite adventurous and having a fantastic time! Primrose did well in wearing her hat, and Chive seems like quite the daredevil already, haha!
    I also think Chive might be right about the spider web! They'll have to find another place for their secret hideout!

    I don't have the Cottontail rabbit family, but I have always liked them. Maybe one day! :D

    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ayrell! Thank you for your lovely comment!
      Spring days are lovely, aren't they? I'm glad I was able to give you a snippet of one; I hope you are managing to stay cool in Spain!
      When Basil gave Sorrel the daisy, it recreated the feeling she used to get years ago! She believes there is beauty in everything, and even the plainest looking of wildflowers can be as delicate as a rose.
      Haha, yes, it's just as well Sorrel was preoccupied and didn't see Chive up on that rock! He and Parsley will definitely have to find another hideout-after 'spider' was mentioned, neither were brave enough to step into the hole!
      I love the Cottontails as they just seem so sweet and down to earth! I hope you will get them one day if you like them!
      I hope you are safe! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kelsie, I have really enjoyed being part of the Cottontail family's Spring outing. They are so blessed to live in a beautiful spot. Nice to see the Spring flowers. Another well thought out and beautiful story. Such a lovely family too. Thank you for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela! I apologise for such the late reply!
      Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It has been lovely watching all the Spring flowers grow around us, too.
      Ah, the Cottontails are very sweet, aren't they?
      Have a great day!

      Delete