Tuesday 13 February 2024

New Additions :)

 Hello friends! 

As the first post of 2024, I'd like to begin by wishing you a happy belated New Year! I hope January and February have been kind to you so far.

Lately I've been getting back into my Sylvanians, and because of that, I splurged a little and bought some new sets! (Isn't it wonderful to treat yourself once in awhile?) 

I've got a few stories I'm working on at the moment, but in the meantime I wanted to show you  my new purchases.

It felt like a birthday when I came home to the parcel and pile of boxes inside!

I admit I've been sceptical of some of the newer sets because they look a bit 'plasticky' in my opinion, but of course I am happy to be proven wrong, and I love these newest additions to my collection.


The baby sets were particularly interesting to me, because I didn't know they were even available in my country. I've never seen them for sale before, and only one online store here had them! But as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them <3


They are too cute! My first panda and Marshmellow mouse too. She would probably fit in well enough with my Hawthorne mouse family, as the only difference I am aware of is the heart shaped ears.


They have darling little booties so their feet don't get wet in the puddles! I din't realise too that they are actually wearing their own clothes under their raincoats.


I also bought the Undersea Costume Babies!


To be honest, the baby sets, especially the costume ones, aren't the easiest to 'integrate' or include in general village or family life, but I'm still happy to have them even if I just have to display them. I have a few seaside themed sets so perhaps they could fit in there.

They're gorgeous! When I first saw them, I thought the stingray was a little unusual, but it's definitely grown on me! This is the first mole figure I've ever owned and I wish I could get my hands on more!


The shark tail is adorable too! 


Next was the Weekend Travel Set. I love baby sets for their cute factor, but I also do really like sets that include an adult figure and 'activity' pieces. It gives a lot more potential to develop the character and their story.


In this case, meet Alyssum Snowdrop. She goes by Alyss, for short, though it is pronounced the same way as 'Alice'. 


There are so many detailed and working pieces in this set! I love how even her box background is travel themed!


Here is Alyss all dressed up and ready for her adventures! I hope to feature her properly in my blog sometime. She's an exciting individual!



And finally, the Sunny Picnic Set.


Now, I had to have them, partially because I love picnic sets (and you can never have too many) and because I had to see the Fennec foxes in real life. I never would have suspected they would make such creatures, but I love them! 



Everything is wonderful in this set - the colours, the sweet siblings, the bike, the food. 
"Can you pass me a banana, please?"
I'm yet to come up with names for these two, as with both baby sets.


Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you with this post! It feels kind of funny posting again, as I've been so irregular on here for so long. I can't promise things will be different in the future, all I can say is I am enjoying this hobby again very much! 

...Though I'm never quite sure what to do with boxes after I've unpacked them!Sometimes the backgrounds are too lovely to through away, and I keep them under the decision that 'I might use them again...' but I never really do! Do you through away your boxes/backgrounds or keep them?

Thank you for reading and have a lovely week! 



6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie!

    It´s always great to find a new post on your blog!

    Congrats on your new additions! I know the feeling of treating yourself to some sylvanians sets. It´s a good way to brighten up your day.

    I´m delighted to know you´re already working on some stories and that your getting back into Sylvanians.That´s great news!

    I love all your new sets. I got The Weekend Travel set two years ago at Christmas and I got the picnic set last Christmas. Both are lovely. I like sets that come with lots of accessories that you can use for different purposes.

    I really appreciate you took pictures of the baby sets. I wasn´t familiar with The Nursery Friends Rainy Days Duo set. It´s really cute. I love how nice the raincoats are and those little umbrellas. I also think the Marshmallow baby will fit very well with your Hawthorne family.

    The Undersea friends look so cute and funny in their costumes! This year the theme of the Carnival festival at my school was "Sea and Oceans". My first graders´ costume was "sea bottom" ( I had to wear a sea bottom costume too). Second graders dressed as stingrays just like the baby mole.

    As for the backgrounds of the packages, I keep some of them but I don´t usually use them again. I keep them just in case but then I forget about them. I have a picture I haven´t posted yet ,featuring the Cycle and Skate Panda Girl set ,where I used the background that comes with the set and it looks quite well.

    Hope to see your new sets in some of your next stories.
    Looking forward to a new post on your blog!

    Have a wonderful rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata! Thank you for your comment - it's lovely to hear from you. It does feel wonderful to spoil yourself with new sets, doesn't it? My version of 'self-care'. ; )

      I just love the sets that come with lots of pieces too! There's so much exciting potential, and even when I was younger and used to properly 'play' with them, these kinds of sets were always my favourite.

      The baby sets are gorgeous! I would definitely recommend them. The undersea friends might be a little hard to incorporate with stories/village life, but the raincoat babies wouldn't be too much. I adore the matching umbrellas!

      That sounds like fun at your school's carnival festival! Haha! I can just imagine it! The stingray costume is quite amusing but I love it anyway!

      I'm just the same where backgrounds are concerned. At least they are relatively easy to store if you flatten them. It's just that the boxes are so pretty I don't like to throw them away! I will be interested to see your picture of the Cycle and Skate set.

      I guess one of the things I love about Sylvanians is that they look lovely online, but they are even better in real life... just the details, the fabrics - you notice so many nice things about the set when you finally see it in reality. That's what I experienced with these latest additions, at least!

      Hope you are having a lovely week! Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelsie!

    It's lovely to see your new sets. In particular, your photos of the Undersea Costume Babies is a revelation. I couldn't see the attraction of the white diamond shape that is the stingray but seeing it from the rear, the pink shape makes it a cute little fish!

    When I buy new Sylvanians I keep the boxes, returning the figures there after their time in front of the camera. I retain the boxes to help protect thet.figures from dust. They are stacked at the end of my hallway and present a happy view when I walk towards my kitchen!

    I rarely buy the special baby sets as they are hard to fit into stories, but I was tempted by the seven in their raincoats; if they remain solely as display in the box, so be it. The same applied to the seven fairy tale friends, or at least it did until I wrote my Christmas Elves story. I guess it goes to show that any Sylvanian can feature in a story if one can imagine a fair enough idea!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson! Thank you for your comment!

      I'm pleased you enjoyed seeing my new sets. I too thought the stingray costume was strange when I saw it for the first time, but it definitely does have a cute factor of its own. I love the tails on both of those costumes!

      Haha, that sounds like a lovely set up in your house! Dust is abominable, so that's wise. I keep most of my Sylvanians on open shelves in my room and it's quite disheartening to tidy and dust everything only to have it covered once again in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I am running out of space...I've already taken over half of our spare room with excess buildings and sets that won't fit in my bedroom, and my parents won't let me take up anymore!

      I agree, the baby sets are sweet but hard include. So many of mine have no families of their own! It's still nice to have them on display though, as you said. The seven raincoat babies are adorable, as are the fairytale friends. I must have missed your Christmas Elves story - I'll jump over to your blog and check it out now!

      Thanks again! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelsie!

    I'm so happy to read that you are enjoying spending time with your Sylvanians again! :) Looking forward to new stories!

    A big package full of Sylvanians, how fun! I enjoyed looking at your new adquisitions. :) The costumed babies are indeed adorable. I have the pair of ninjas from some years ago and love them to pieces, haha. We can always show them in a story featuring costumes!

    I love the Weekend Travel set! I got it myself recently as well, and I adore all those little accessories.

    The Fennec foxes are adorable, aren't they? I don't own any, but have seen them in stores. Congratulations on the picnic set. I actually got a second-hand picnic set myself recently, the one with the mother and son Renard fox. It was a bit expensive, but I'd wanted Renard foxes for so long... The only bad news is that the poor mom is whiskerless! I hadn't noticed in the pictures.

    I used to keep my boxes, but I threw most of them out when space became a serious issue. You can always fold them flat, that way they take much less space.

    Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell, and thank you!

      There's nothing better, right? I don't often buy bulk but I love having multiple boxes and sets to open at once! It feels like Christmas!

      Lovely to hear that you have the Weekend Travel Set too, as well as some ninjas! Sometimes I find the baby sets are still great fun to just have, even if they are never used in stories or displays. I keep some of my blind bag babies on my bedside dresser just as cute figurines! And yes, you're right - they can definitely be featured in a costume story!

      Ooh, congratulations on your Renard foxes! They are indeed lovely. Oh dear, your poor mama fox! I've always liked that set too, but have never been able to buy it. I do wish that sets like that hadn't been discontinued. There were so many lovely sets from that era that I'd honestly much prefer over some of the new stuff that is being put out.

      Having enough space is always an issue for me too! I tend to flatten the boxes because I don't want to decide what to do with them, and perhaps one day I'll throw them out haha.

      I hope you are having a lovely week and a beautiful Spring! :)

      Delete