Tuesday 11 June 2019

Penny and Rally's Afternoon

This is a couple of days late, but last Sunday was a beautiful day in Bluebell Oaks. The sky was a spotless blue, and the villagers were out and about, making the most of the gorgeous weather before winter sets in. Penny and Rally Farthing decided to enjoy it by their favourite activity: cycling.
Penny has always loved cycling. When she was a child, she used to bike to and from school every single day. She even did a 'cycling marathon' to raise money for a sick friend at the time.
When she married Sandi, the couple moved to the seaside, where Sandi grew up, and Penny had to kiss her woodland bike rides goodbye. Sunny was born, and for nearly ten years the family lived by the sea, sometimes on the sea. Then, when they were expecting Rally, they decided to move back to Bluebell Oaks, only spending summer at the sea.
Penny really got back into biking when Sandi bought her a new bike with a basket for baby Rally to ride in. Up till then, Penny hadn't wanted to go biking without her baby.
Ever since, Penny and Rally have made full use of the bike, and adore their cycling trips together. On Sunday afternoon, they set out into the woods.


The weather was suprisingly warm, and the woods were idyllic. Penny is an experienced bike rider and knows how to negotiate her way around tight turns and tricky tree roots.


"Go faster Mummy!" is Rally's constant plea.
"No, honeysuckle, this is a very steep hill. We can go fast once I get to the bottom," Penny said, pushing on the brakes. The truth is, she loves 'going fast' just as much as her son does. 


Unfortuantely, pine needles are rather difficult to go fast on, let alone bike on, especially if it is a thick covering. Rally loves the strong smell of pine needles, even more than the smell of the sea! (although he would never tell his Daddy that!)


Often, they like to get off the bike and go for a wander. It seems that Rally has spied some tasty berries...


"Rally don't touch them!" Penny cried, "It's Deadly Nightshade. If you eat them, they will make you very, very sick."
Rally must learn that even the yummiest and best looking berries can be unsafe to eat. It is a harsh but essential thing that Penny must teach him if he is ever to be safe in the woods.


Today is proving to be a good learning day. Rally wants to climb this 'vine'.
Careful Rally, that looks like blackberry...


"Yooow!! It bit me, Mummy!"


He is fascinated by the funny 'mushrooms'. Rally ate mushrooms for dinner one night, and he didn't like them one bit. He is imagining how terrible these strange ones must taste.
"They're called fungus." Penny seized the 'teaching oppurtunity'. "And no, we don't eat them,"


Rally has never been more relieved! After the mushroom eating experience, he doesn't know what his parents might try to feed him! These fungus may not be good for eating, but they certainly are fun to climb on!




Thanks for reading! I apologise for not posting much recently. It is too dark after school for me to take photos, so I have to do it on weekends. I've been very busy lately but I'm going try find more time for my Sylvanians! 
Hope you are having a great June and a lovely start to Summer/Winter! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie, wow! What a lovely story. I am very impressed with Penny - she is a great Mum and Rally will grow up with a lot of wisdom and knowledge with all the things he is being taught by his Mum. Again you have beautifully set each scene and I love the fungi. You must have a lot of suitable places around the village for the bike rides. Oh and I love the bicycle. Congratulations Kelsie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment Pamela!
      Rally sure is lucky to have Penny! If it wasn't for her knowledge of the forest and quick wits, Rally might be very very sick from eating Deadly Nightshade berries by now!
      Penny and Rally love cycling in the woods round the village because there is always somewhere new for them to explore! It's such a vast forest!
      I agree, the bike is adorable. This set is fairly simple, but much loved.
      Thanks again! Have a nice rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelsie!
    Congrats on this lovely story and wonderful pictures! I love to see Sylvanians in real nature so I enjoyed your story very much.Rally is so cute! He´s lucky to have such a sweet and loving mum .You did a very good job posing them. They look perfect in each scene.
    The last picture is truly adorable!I have never taken photos of my sylvanian outdoors but I´d love to do it. I just have to find the right place.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this lovely cycling trip! I really enjoyed it!
    Hope you can find some time for your sylvanians. I´m in the same boat. I´ve been very busy lately and it´s hard to find time for them when real life is so demanding.
    Hope you have a nice start to Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment Cutata! I really enjoyed taking these photos-they were alot of fun! I agree; there's something special about seeing Sylvanians in nature.
    I love Rally too! He's so cute! I've loved this set ever since I got it for Christmas a few years ago.
    If you can find the right place, I would definitely encourage you to take photos of your Sylvanians outside. It's alot of fun and I find it more carefree than taking photos for a usual story, as you don't have to make sure everything is perfectly posed, you just take it as it is!
    I hope you can get some free time for your Sylvanians too! Sometimes life is just too busy!
    Thanks again for your lovely comment! It made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsie!
    I love your latest story. The picture where they are cycling down the hill is particularly effective, and the one where Rally is wanting a hug is sweet - with Penny smiling knowingly. The outdoor settings really give your stories a great look. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson! Thank you for your comment!
      I had alot of fun playing round with photography for this story. I spent extra time trying to get the hill photo good-I'm glad you like it!
      Poor Rally-he got a few scratches from that blackberry. Of course, a hug with his mum always makes it better!
      I love taking photos of Sylvanians outdoors. It's lots of fun!
      Have a good week!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kelsie!
    What a sweet story! I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your beautiful pictures in the outdoors. I'm glad that Penny can enjoy her bike rides through the woods again in the company of her very adorable baby son. She's such a patient mum! I'm sure Rally will learn a lot from his outings from her. Sounds like he already prefers the woods over the sea a bit, hehe!
    Thanks for a lovely read! Hope you manage to find more time for your SF soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment Ayrell! I'm glad you liked my pictures!
      Penny was very glad to get back in the bike seat again after spending such a long time by the sea. She still loves the ocean, but the woods are her happy place. As for her husband Sandi, he tried to encourage a love of the sea in his children from a young age. He managed to win over his older son Sunny, but Rally seems to have taken after his mum!
      There's so much to learn in the woods for a young inquisitive mind like Rally's. Thankfully Penny is there too to safely harness his curiousity!
      Thanks again! :)

      Delete