Sunday 1 September 2019

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day and first day of September! Everyone in Bluebell Oaks is delighted that it is finally Spring!
First of all, a quick update on the Buckleys: they are moving into their new home, although I'll be honest and admit I haven't finished decorating the house yet! Stay tuned for part two of the story though; hopefully I'll post it in the next few weeks.
I don't know about other parts of the world, but today in New Zealand and in Bluebell Oaks it is Father's Day! The villagers are each celebrating their dads, (and children!) on this day. I want to dedicate this story to my own dad, who always cares about me and works hard for my family. He is very wise and always takes me places and does stuff with me. I'm grateful to have a good father.
Whenever I have a sylvanian-based disaster (like when I leaned back one day and accidentally snapped the top side platform off my windmill, or the time the Buckleys' telephone snapped in half) it is always my dad that rescues the situation with glue and calm words. I'm sure my sylvanians are grateful too! : )


 Ruby and Amber Robinson adore their dad, Wilbur.


He can always be relied on for lots of fun.
Daddy is not always competent, however, as the girls have discovered. Once, he even managed to dress Ruby with her clothes inside out!


Florence was away for the morning, and Ruby went the whole morning wearing her clothes inside out, till her mother got home and realised her husband's mistake.


The three of them often get up to lots of mischief together. More often than not, Florence will arrive home in despair to find her usually so tidy kitchen a mess.
I'm sure you can guess who the culprits were.


Although, as Amber has discovered, her dad is not always completely trustworthy, especially when it comes to muddy puddles.
"Just jump, sweetheart, I'll catch you!"


"Hmm..."


"Dad!! You said you'd catch me!"
"Oops..."
(based on my own experience!)


Amber and Ruby know that dads are often easier to con into things than mums...
"Look, Dad, the toy store! Can we look inside?"
"Sure!"


"Wow Dad look at all the toys!"


"Can we get this Daddy?"
"And this?"
"Well..."
"Pleeaase?"
"Well," Wilbur said grudgingly. He knew he was in between a rock and a hard place, "I don't see why not."


"Oh boy, what will Florence say?"


Happy Father's Day!


11 comments:

  1. Haha, that was hilarious!
    Your story captures dads perfectly. (and Wilbur is definitely a funny one!) The picture of them making a mess in the kitchen and buying so many toys are great. (but it must drive Florence crazy!) Nice photography angels. It makes me feel like I am really there. Where I live, Father's day is long past, but it's nice to hear from you and your Sylvanians any time!!

    Have a great day and Father's day
    Emilie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emilie!
    I'm gald you like my story! I really enjoyed taking the photos and writing it. It was mostly based off me and my own dad, including the inside out dressing and the muddy puddle episode. That has happened countless times where I end up with a wet or dirty foot, shoe or pants!
    Yes, I'm afraid Florence does find the threesome rather naughty-although she's glad that her family all get on together well. Wilbur is a child at heart, really!
    Lovely to hear from you! Have a great September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, poor Florence! It's great that Wilbur is such an involved dad though.
    I really like your photos in this post - especially the one of them in the kitchen, with cake batter everywhere! Very cute, and a very nicely composed photo.
    Hope you and your dad had a good day on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment GreyRabbit!
      I had alot of fun taking the photos for this story, especially the kitchen scene. I was quite pleased with it myself so I'm glad you liked it! I'm afraid Florence wasn't too happy though!
      Thank you! We did have a nice day!
      Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kelsie!

    What a delightful little story! Hehe, no wonder Ruby and Amber love their father so much; he spoils them rotten! :D Loved their little cart full of big boxes, haha! I loved to read about all the little anecdotes; the inside out clothes, the mess in the kitchen, the failed jump! So endearing, hehe!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Buckleys' new home when you finish! Take your time and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayrell!
      Wilbur is rather soft, because he just can't say no to his adorable daughters! Besides the fact that he is rather childish too when he is with them! A day with daddy can ensure lots of yummy food, toys and fun! In fact, sometimes Florence, even in all her maturity and lady-likeness, feels abit left out from all the fun!
      I'm afraid my father has supplied me with plenty of inspiration for stories like this! Just the other day, as we were making my mum's birthday cake together, he put too much salt in and the wrong amount of sugar! Frustrating!
      Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Kelsie,
    Your story put a smile on my face from the very first line to the very last one. I love all your stories but this stands as one one of my favourites. Fun ,sweet and heartwarming! Your pictures are absolutely lovely. The fact that some of the scenes are based on your own life make the story even more special. You´re lucky to have such a wonderful dad and so are Ruby and Amber!In Spain Father´s Day is on the 19th of March.
    Enjoy Spring! It´ll be autumn here soon!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Cutata!
      It's a great compliment to me that you love my stories, as I've always admired you for being a wonderful, creative photographer and writer, so thank you!
      I often find that short and sweet stories like these are some of my favourites too, at least within my own writing! I think all your stories are great!
      I had more fun than usual writing this story, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! I do feel very grateful for my dad and I'm pleased that I could kind of depict him in this story!
      Father's Day is always the first Sunday of September; isn't it strange that different countries celebrate the same days at opposite times of the year?
      Yay, I can't wait for summer! Hope you have a great start to autumn!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kelsie!

    What lovely pictures and a smashing story! Your placement of this delightful family is perfect, showing their personalities and intent so well. The baking scene is hilarious, of course, but I also find the last picture touching - with Amber snuggling up to her dad.
    It's interesting how Father's Day varies from place to place. In the UK it's not September or March - I think it was June this year (unlike Jackson the character, I'm not a dad!).
    Have a great September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson! Thanks for your kind comment! Sorry for the late reply!
      I'm glad you liked the story! It was lots of fun to write and take photos for! Yes, I'm afraid the 'baking scenario' happens more often than Florence would prefer!
      Both Amber and Ruby have a very close relationship with their father, as with their mother too! I feel that with all the fuss Florence might be feeling a bit left out!
      Hope you have a lovely September too! Have a good week!

      Delete