Sunday 6 March 2022

The Buttercups

 Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the beginning of Spring or Autumn! The weather has cooled down a little here but is still very pleasant!

I took some photos this evening because I wanted to show some figures that I haven't yet introduced, starting with the Buttercups!


I was actually given the Buttercup family for a Christmas present, so I have had them for a little while but I just had to do a post to show them! I have wanted them for many years, ever since I got baby Cheddar years ago (another Christmas present) but I had resigned myself to the fact that they were discontinued and I wouldn't be able to get them anywhere. So it's so lovely they're being made again, and for Cheddar to have a family at long last! 


Hornbull and Daisy are so sweet. I can imagine them as teenage sweethearts that are still walking through life together, hand in hand. They seem to match and balance one another out very well. 
Despite the reputation of bulls being hot-headed and aggressive, I think Hornbull seems quite gentle at heart. Perhaps he is just misunderstood by many.


"Mmm, the grass in good in this pasture, Hornbull!"
                                 

Cheddar is delighted to have his brother and sister, Paddock and Annabel, as playmates. He has lots of friends at nursery, but it's not quite the same as your own siblings. 


Speaking of friends, Cheddar brought some of them with him out into the garden, and it gives me the chance to show one of my other recent-ish buys (well, from the end of last year). I was doing some online shopping and couldn't resist little Alfie Maple! 


Isn't he adorable with his darling little hat and bag? I currently don't have any other Maple cats apart from one of the blind bag babies, his sister, but one day they may get their own family too! 


Alfie and Poppy Fenton had to stop and investigate an anthill in the cobbles. 


'Smile for the camera!' My cat Poppy snuck into the background of this one because she decided she wanted to investigate whatever interesting thing I was doing on the lawn with small furry creatures! Luckily she then became more interested in a piece of grass than the Sylvanians.


I'm really happy to have the Buttercups at last! They've already become one of my favourite families. Do you have any new arrivals or items on your wish list? I'd love to hear in the comments! 

Thanks for reading! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie!
    Congratulations on the Buttercups! They're a lovely family and it's wonderful to see little Cheddar reunited with them. I have the old version of the family (got them second hand from another collector) and I love them as well. I do envy the tails on yours though! :)

    Alfie and Poppy are adorable too. Love the anthill!

    I have recently got the sloths and black moles as Christmas presents, and this week I'm waiting for something exciting to come in the mail: the Red Roof Tower house! It had a big price cut and I couldn't resist. :) I'm excited because it's been a while since I last bought anything SF related.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayrell! They are lovely, aren't they? Lack of tails does seem to be fairly common amongst second-hand critters!
      Oh how exciting! It's always fun to spoil yourself a little, and the Red Roof Tower house looks like a very regal building from its pictures! As for your new families, it must be exciting to have such new releases; I don't think they are available yet here. I only recently learned about the sloths and I have had my eyes on the moles for awhile, ever since I read about them on the forum. I would love to be able to add them to my collection.
      I look forward to seeing how your new families and building fit into Arcfield!
      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete

  2. Hi Kelsie!

    It's lovely to see your colourful new Buttercups enjoying nature. How super they've re-released this family - and given them tails too! I'm glad you're enjoying them, and happy to see your Cheddar as my second-hand Buttercups don't have this tiny chap and he's such a cutie! No baby but a few aunts & uncles at Mellowdene - Penleigh and his fruit cart being at the forefront.

    I'm in a similar situation to you with the maple cats. Just one seated baby from a bundle. Maybe he'll get a family. Actually, I just remembered I have another maple baby in the raincoat set - but they're just for display as I haven't figured how they'll be integrated into my village.

    My newest purchases? The three boxes comprising the husky family, plus the 3-figure Outback koalas are brand new. From eBay I have some extra alpacas, some Darwin monkeys, and Splashy otters. I like the otters in particular, and they're looking at me from my sideboard as I write!

    Anyway, thanks for this new story. It's always nice to see news from Bluebell Oaks.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson! Thanks very much for your comment!

      Cheddar is very cute indeed! And your raincoat babies sound lovely! They must be adorable! It's always tricky when you have babies with no parents, isn't it? I usually end up using them to make up numbers in my nursery!

      It sounds like you have lots of lovely new purchases! The Huskies seem very cute, and it's always so exciting to have some newly released items! I love the tiny babies with their little sled! I will look forward to seeing how you integrate these families into Mellowdene!
      The Splashy Otters are very sweet, aren't they? It reminds me I should include my ones on my blog more! ;)

      Thank you for reading and commenting! I appreciate it!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelsie,

    Congrats on the Buttercups! Isn´t it great Cheddar has a family at last? A green field was the perfect spot to feature this family. They look so neat and clean and their clothes are so colourful .I really love the Buttercups.

    Little Alfie is also really cute. The bag and the hat make him look even more adorable.

    I think I didn´t buy any Sylvanians last year but I have lots of sets and several families still in their boxes. Last year I was very busy and didn´t have much free time to "play" with my Sylvanians. The Three wise Men are about to come and I have the feeling they´ll leave a Sylvanian set as a gift. I´m very excited!
    Did you get any Sylvanians at Christmas this year, I mean , last year?
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata! Lovely to hear from you, and thank you so much for your kind words!
      Ah, thank you! I know right? They are gorgeous, and Alfie has that extra cute-factor!
      Ohh, I hope you got some lovely Sylvanian gifts from The Three Wise Men! I would love to hear! Unfortunately I didn't get any Sylvanians this Christmas - now that I am in my late teens my family seems to think I have outgrown Sylvanian gifts (which I haven't), or that I have plenty already and am clogging up my room with them (which is probably close to the truth, haha!). But I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year and that this one might bring you more free time to play with your collection!
      Thank you again for your comment Cutata! I love having these connections with other collectors round the world who feel so much like friends!
      Lots of love!

      Delete