Sunday 30 December 2018

A Day at the Beach

It is almost midsummer here in Bluebell Oaks and the villagers have been spending more time down by the stream to keep cool. Some families make day trips to the beach, or others are staying there for a holiday. The Farthing family adore the beach, and every summer they stay there for weeks at a time.



Penny Farthing thinks one of the best ways to enjoy a day on the beach is to relax in the shade with a pile of books and magazines. At the moment she is reading the 'Holiday Summer Annual'. Penny is very grateful for her trusty beach umbrella which keeps the sun off her!



Rally's favourite beach activity is sand-castle building. He can spend hours playing by himself making castles, turrets, forts and walls.



Rally also loves beach-combing or 'treasure hunting', as he calls it. Slowly he picks his way along the shore, carefully selecting pretty shells and objects as gifts for his mother.





Sandi Farthing loves a good game of soccer with his boy Sunny.



"Come on Dad! Bet you can't get it past me!"



Sunny is a keen swimmer, just like his father.



Time flies when you're having fun, and soon it was lunchtime. What's on the menu? Sandwiches and fresh fruit. Yummy!



Rally loves the salad sandwiches that his mum makes.



After lunch, Penny decided it was time for her family to reapply sunscreen.
"Muuum! I've got enough on already!" Sunny complained.
"It's better to be safe than sorry." Penny answered wisely.



Being at the beach is also a perfect oppurtunity for Rally to sail his toy boat.
"Look at it go, Daddy!"



But of course, what would a day at the beach be without ice cream? Thankfully, Percy and Pearl Beaufort are the faithful ice cream suppliers.



It's a big decision. So many different flavours and varieties to choose from!




Delicious! Thanks Mr and Mrs Beaufort!



Have a great summer (or winter)!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie,
    It´s freezing cold here at the moment so I really appreciate a summer story!The Farthings are lucky to have such a nice weather in Bluebell Oaks. It seems they had a lot fun at the beach.
    You wrote a great story, took lovely pictures and at the same time you wrote a very good review of the set "Day at the seaside". I love this set!It has very cute accessories.
    A day at the beach wouldn´t be perfect without ice-cream. You thought of everything! Mr and Mrs Beaufort ´s ice-cream looks delicious, especially those chocolate coated ones.Yummy!

    Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata! Thanks for your comment! You made my day! I love the seaside set too. The cycling set for Penny and Rally is lovely too. The Beauforts certainly have a delicious selection of ice cream!
      Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope you stay nice and cozy during your winter!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelsie!
    I really enjoyed looking through your blog and reading your stories. Your village sounds like a great place to live with its many kind individuals and wonderful community feeling, I loved the idea that they built it adapting to the woods instead of cutting the trees. :)

    I also loved this cute story about the Farthings and their day at the beach! I liked your creative solution for the sand, hehe! The children look like they are having a lot of fun, and the Beauforts' ice-cream looks delicious!

    I'm going to add a link to your blog in mine as soon as I can. :D

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell! Thanks so much for looking at my blog! For the sand I just used an old golden shirt. I love the Farthings-they are such a cute, happy family! Thanks for adding a link to my blog when possible. As a new blogger, I appreciate any views I get! I was thinking of adding a link page as well (if I can figure out how to do it) and I would add you to it if I did.
      Thanks for your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelsie, yet another absorbing and beautifully written day in the life of a happy family. You have really made the Farthing's beach holiday come alive with the setting and the wonderful photos of the family at play, and at rest. Hope they don't mind us watching them have fun! Well done with the background and the sand and the water. So proud of you Kelsie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I love the idea of the icecreams coming to the beach. Just when they needed them too. Well done to Mr and Mrs Beaufort, working on what is such a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pamela! Thanks for the kind words! Don't worry, the Farthings are more than happy to share their beach holiday with us. They are glad you enjoyed it! The backgrounds are some old calendar pictures-very useful! Mr and Mrs Beaufort are very committed to their ice cream selling business!
      Happy late New Year!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kelsie
    Our villagers are enjoying Summer weather in Macadamia Grove too! It is quite an unusual weather pattern in Sylvania - I wonder if Bluebell Oaks is nearby? :o)
    Lovely pictures - is that a real shell Rally is picking up? It is SO tiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit! Thanks for the comment! I'm sure Bluebell Oaks must be nearby, perhaps just across the Tasman Sea to the right? ;)
      That certainly is a real shell Rally is collecting. I came across it at the beach and I knew it would be perfect for my sylvanians. It's cute, isn't it?

      Delete