Sunday 20 January 2019

New Arrivals in Bluebell Oaks!

Last post, I mentioned that I had a sylvanian parcel on the way, and today it finally arrived! It took alot longer to get here than I thought it would, as I bought it second-hand. This parcel has been long awaited, and I have been on the lookout for these figures for a long time.
So, without further ado, I would like to introduce Jane and Justina Appleblossom!


Aren't they gorgeous? I just love the sylvanian grey squirrels!


They came as an almost full set, the only thing that is missing is Justina's tiara, but I don't mind. They still came with the piano.


Jane is a wonderful piano player, and while she plays her daughter dances ballet.


I think I will change Justina's name to Jasmine, I just think it suits her better.


As well as being a grade eight piano player, Jane also teaches ballet. In fact, she used to be a professional ballerina, before she met Christopher. Now, she is happy just to teach ballet to her daughter and other children, and she will run the village ballet school.


Jasmine also comes with her own ballet shoes. They are so cute!



Christopher is overjoyed to at long last be reunited with his wife and daughter.


They are such a tight family, I could hear their shouts and squeals of happiness from the other side of the room when I first put them together!


Jane and Christopher are a lovely couple.


Speaking of Christopher, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that he was looking very worn. The fur was very thin on his cheek, and his marking were faded. I got him second hand afew years ago, so it was to be expected, really.
(You can't really tell in the photo, but he was looking very worn.)

So I decided to take a risk and colour in his markings with a felt pen. I was very nervous, but it came out alright.
 But then I took it one step further, and coloured in his nose. To me it looked like there was a faint grey colouring on his nose, so I thought it had faded and I coloured it. It was only when I looked in my old sylvanian catalogues to see what he was supposed to look like brand new, I realised his nose isn't coloured! Yikes! Sorry Christopher! That was a big whoopsie!
Does anyone else have problems with figure discolouration? How do you deal with it?


Anyway, he looks happy enough! Now that they are together, the Appleblossoms are looking forward to settling back down into normal family life. Jane is going to help Chris in the bakery and open her ballet school. Next month, Jasmine will start at the Country Tree School, where she is sure to make lots of new friends.
They are one happy, happy family!


10 comments:

  1. Oh, that's lovely that your Christopher has a family now! Luckily mine is happy to be a bachelor for the moment! :)
    Jane and Justina look as though they are in lovely condition, congratulations! (you sort of hold your breath when you open a second hand purchase, don't you? - hoping it will be nice!)
    And I think your Christopher looks rather sweet with a grey nose. It doesn't matter that it is different from his wife and daughter - many families have such differences (like the Chocolate Rabbits). You did a great job colouring his nose, it looks very natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit! Thank you for the comment! I was certainly very lucky to find them for a reasonable price and in great condition.
      I'm glad you think Christopher looks alright with his grey nose! I know it is probably going to bother me, but at least he is just happy to be with his family.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jane and Jasmine are lovely! I love their backstory and the family reunion pictures. :D I also think Christopher's nose looks fine, you did a great job with it and his markings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayrell! They are gorgeous, aren't they?
      Glad you liked the pictures, and glad you think Christopher looks alright with his coloured nose!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelsie!
    Congrats on finding a family for Christopher! They look so happy together. I still remember the day I received Justina, Jane and an Appleblossom baby. I was so happy!I love to get families reunited. My Justina and Jane weren´t in very good condition, though. Justina wasn´t wearign´t her original dress and Jane´s tail was about to fall off. Luckily , one day I found them again. They looked brand new and they even came with the piano.This time they belonged to a spanish collector so I didn´t have to spend much on shipping. Justina was missing her tiara but she was wearing her lovely pink dress and her cute ballerina shoes.
    By the way,Jasmine is a lovely name, much nicer than Justina. It really suits her.
    As for Christopher´s nose, I think he looks very cute. I totally agree with GreyRabbit, it looks very natural.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you comment Cutata!
      It's special, isn't it, when you finally reunite a family? I have read your story about how the bakery is closed and how Christopher is reunited. It's a shame they weren't in good condition but I'm happy for you that you found them again in better condition.
      I'm glad you like Jasmine's name, and that you like Christopher's grey nose.
      Have a good week as well!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to Kelsie's Sylvanian family Appleblossom family. Such a lovely reunion and happy times ahead. Grey Squirrels are beautiful. Chris' nose looks perfect and Jasmine suits her name. Another wonderful story from Buebell Oaks Sylvanian Village Kelsie. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pamela! I'm glad you liked Jane and Jasmine! I'm sure there will be many joyful times ahead for this happy family! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Hello Kelsie, I recently discovered your blog (via Cutata's Sylvanian Paradise) and I love it! I don't know if this comment will show up, I seem to be having technical problems! But I wanted to say how great it is that you have completed the Apple-Blossom family, they really are adorable, one of my favourites, and like you the Watermill Bakery is a favourite too. I just love the way you have posed Jasmine to show off her ballet shoes <3
    I have really enjoyed all your posts so far and I hope I will be able to comment in future
    Livvy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Livvy! Welcome to my blog! You comment did show up, and it made my day! Thank you very much! I'm so pleased that you like my blog and have enjoyed my posts!
      The Appleblossoms are cute, aren't they? And the bakery is amazingly detailed, with the water wheel, the bread mixer, all those lovely breads... I love Jasmine's ballet shoes too, they are just super cute!
      Thank you again, Livvy!
      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete